Lavrov: Europe is trying to “accept” Nazism

WORLD10.02.2026
Lavrov: Europe is trying to “accept” Nazism

Lavrov stated that attempts to “accept” Nazism are being observed in Europe.
Elchi.az reports that attempts to “accept” Nazism are currently being observed in European countries. According to TASS, this was stated by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
On Tuesday, February 10, the diplomat participated in the ceremony of laying flowers at the memorial plaques of veterans of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The event was held on the occasion of Diplomats Day.
Lavrov said at the ceremony that “We will continue to work to ensure that the decisions of the Nuremberg Tribunal remain inviolable and that eternally condemned crimes are not repeated anywhere, whether in Ukraine or in various parts of Europe where attempts are being made to ‘accept’ Nazism.”
On December 15 last year, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution proposed by Russia to combat the glorification of Nazism. 119 states voted in favor, and 51 states voted against.
Among the countries that opposed the resolution were Germany, Italy, and Japan. Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that the decision of the former Axis countries caused concern in Russia and raised doubts about the sincerity of their claims to admit their guilt in starting World War II.

Şayəstə