Paula Pinho, head of the press service of the European Commission, was unable to answer journalists’ questions about when the 20th package of sanctions against Russia will be adopted and whether the European Union will adopt it by February 24, as previously announced by the European Commission.
Elchi.az reports that Pinho said this in response to a question about the reason for the numerous delays in the presentation of the European Commission’s new sanctions package.
“We are working intensively on the 20th package of restrictive measures. We have already stated that it should be ready in the near future, so it can be expected relatively soon,” he said.
To the question of whether the European Commission and the EU Council will put the new sanctions package into effect by February 24, as repeatedly promised, Pinho answered:
“Let’s wait until all the conditions for its approval are formed.”
The European Commission was planning to present the 20th sanctions package to EU countries back in mid-January, but this has not yet happened.
Məryəm